I was lucky enough to be taking a photo of one of the many glaciers, I think it was Barry Glacier, when it calved (big chunk fell off into the water). See below and right in center of photo. Kind of cool.
It was a great day with great company. Thanks Amy Jo.
Our company also included several bus loads of Japanese tourists. I've never seen so many pictures taken in my entire life!! The cruise line did provide narrative in both English and Japanese which was nice. My Japanese verbal skills were starting to wane. For instance, if I'd have said "Dareka eigo o hanasemasuka? (dah-reh-kah AY-goh hah-nah-seh-moss-KAH?)(Is ther someone here who speaks English?" The reply would most likely have been "Sumimasen. (soo-meh-mah-sen), I'm sorry. "Iie (EE-eh) No." I of course joke. The scenery and people were fantastic.
After the cruise we drove north to Anchorage. Amy's vehicle safely arrived from Nome and was not as expensive as Amy had previously been quoted (Zeb may have had something to do with that?). So that was a pleasant surprise and once again lowered the cost of her move from Nome to somewhere around $1200.00. That's 129, 528 yen for our new Japanese friends. The Rav4 saw action in it's first few minutes of Anchorage life as it took on it's first stop light! Amy and the Rav were victorious. Many more challenges for her vehicle to come. We ended the day with a great meal at Club Paris (thanks again Cathy) and a quick stop at Amy's friend, Jodi's house.
Now, Amy's off to Colorado for a close friend's wedding and has left me home alone. She's gone after teasing me with her presence for a mere 48 hours. Hopefully someday soon we can actually attend things like weddings, and Christmas parties together. I must have some terrible habits to have driven her away already!
1 comment:
That a heck of a lot of yen...
lgt
Post a Comment