
My good friends Megan and Zach were married in Grand Junction, Colorado this past weekend! It was a beautiful, fun and touching celebration and trip. Weddings between my close college girlfriends serve as reunions as we all have spread across the country.
Megan and Zach met years ago in Fargo and eventually moved to Denver where she works for the State with health and grant-writing; Zach is an architect. They arranged a destination wedding to the amazing Two Rivers Winery. I stayed for the duration at the Chateau as part of the bridal party. The bridesmaids (and Matt, the Brides Man!) had plenty of opportunity to share time in the wedding room to leisurely drink wine and prepare for the ceremony. I've missed my girls!
All photos are courtesy of my friends Sara and Brendan. I can't find my camera cord--last seen in a moving pile before the trip.

Epic was the word of the weekend. Apparently I used it carelessly around the time of Megan's bachelorette party. Since then, her brother Matt has exploited its usage for fun and soon a large number of people threw in "epic" whenever they could manage, often with a laugh and head nod in my direction!
Megan & Zach planned a number of activities to enjoy the hot mid-80 temps. and desert terrain. We opted for a lot of wine tasting and tours! 13 college friends packed into a mini-bus and drove to four area wineries. We took our job seriously and picked up the laughter from the last time we were all together.

The wedding at the winery was gorgeous and sunny. The entire affair was classy and intimate. I successfully maneuvered, with the help of my partner MadDog, down the aisle in some serious heels.

Our no-fuss, reasonably priced J. Crew dresses kept us cool, but I felt a tad sorry for the bundled up guys. Everyone looked great though, and our hair appointments were flawless. All of the couple's thoughtful plans were executed to perfection!
Of course Andy was greatly missed and I wished dearly he could have
been there. Random phone calls kept him in the loop of our revelry, especially at an interesting bar we visited the night before the wedding. This place rivaled the BOT in Nome and only missed the mirrored walls! Sketchy characters entertained us and a fog machine added "atmosphere." But that was in the dark of night--right here, I'll remember the beauty of the days!
St. Ben's and St. John's alums can't get together without some silliness and dancing. I invited friends INTO the vineyard for frolicking. I think our behavior raised some eyebrows!



And the Chubby's girls had to get our traditional wedding photo too. We were senior year college roommates and we've gotten a picture for 3 weddings now. Here's me, Sara, Megan, Kati and Jodi.

I wish all the best for my dear friends and I was honored to share in their important day. Right now they're on a honeymoon in Panama!
It's back to the rain of Alaska and now the trip and weather seem like a blur. But I'm suffering a cold as a memory of my fun times. I have to muster new energy for my brother's wedding in a week and a half!
The Good News? Despite Andy's work schedule surrounding Palin's Alaska appearances, he's been granted his leave (again) for the two-week Midwest trip! We'll be home soon.
*Amy
4 comments:
It is great that Andy can still go to the midwest! I was really pulling for you. No one should miss a Sept wedding or Brewer Game in the same trip. Wedding looks great, glad to see some pics. Nome is still beautiful! Hot days! Talk to you soon.
Looks like you had quite a great time. You have one crazy schedule of traveling before getting to settle into Wasilla. I hope you and Andy have a great trip to Minn. Take care and talk to you later!
You looked amazing!!!! That picture in the vineyard is hilarious. Say hi to the Midwest for me. P.S. that job posted so the process is in motion.
The picture of your running is awesome! It looks like great fun.
Post a Comment