The day is warm although a little windy. So Nikki, her pooch Tisuk, Mom, me, Angie and the kids loaded up and made the rounds between the always exciting, though brief, Bathtub race on Front Street, the Rotary Club's Duck race on the Snake River and all sorts of walking between. It was great to take in the town during my final day. I finally broke down a little when Andy asked at what hour I became unemployed. The close tie to KNOM is changing and a feels a little like my identity has slipped from me.
I did read the morning news and weather today so I guess the unemployment hour came about 9:30am. I was glad to say, "KNOM Update News, I'm Amy Flaherty," a few more times. And it's NOT because I like saying my name!
Nikki is clearing out the fridge as I type and we played the "guess when this expired?" game. Mom is cleaning this and that as I empty around the place. I suppose I should help here so the next time I blog, Where In Alaska Will Amy Be? Wasilla.
By the way, interested in good reading about all the Alaska-political turn of events? Go to my former co-worker, Jesse's blog. We worked together during his Palin encounters so I heard about them first-hand and helped set up the interview for her first time at KNOM. She attempted some Sisterhood talk with me. He always has insightful thoughts and observations--thanks Jesse!
*Amy
2 comments:
:)
Hugs! Maybe when I fly through Anchorage, you can drive in to say good-bye?!!!
lgt
Safe travels for you and your mom. New adventures in Wasilla await you. Hugs to you and pass one along to Andy too!
Post a Comment