In Andy's line of work and while on "dignitary duty" for our Governor turned VP nominee, special attention must be given to the sprucing of his uniform. Obviously the main gal was back in Alaska over the weekend so in-depth boot cleanings were a must.
He's really good at it! We could make a few pennies if he set-up a shining booth somewhere to offer his scrubbing services. Andy takes his ironing, buttons and bling seriously. I think it paid off the other day when he interacted with The Lady while on duty. He must have lots of stories and details he can share someday when security isn't a concern. Reading a local news story, I wonder if Andy will provide TLC to his work items should John McCain visit AK this fall and need local law enforcement-protection.

It also takes talent to find a work spot among all my things being moved in.Not long after this photo I took over the kitchen island with an array of kitchen items that need a home among limited space. We have so much stuff! I joked that we could store all our kitchen things if we just got rid of food storage!
Having enough room for everything we own is the biggest hang-up to my moving in. I've made progress but not enough...yet. This has been my work while Andy earns a paycheck shaking hands with Palin.
Yesterday, however, I took a break with a short--and beautiful--drive to Big Lake for the town's Fall Festival and Chili Cook-off. It wasn't totally hopping so showing up by myself felt a little funny, but I filled up on a free lunch of chili, chili and more chili. No offense, but I wasn't overly impressed with most of the competitors. But it was fall, the event was on Big Lake and warm food felt good. As I get to know "these parts," I'll need to get to know more people in "these parts."
By the way, my favorite business sign I spied on the drive stated, "TUNDRA TANNING & TAXIDERMY ---->" Ha! Alaska has a law against billboards (thankfully for our pristine landscape and scenic drives!) but some of the business signs are a hoot to watch for.
In the meantime, should you need a good boot polish, come by the Ridge or soon we'll be in a Midwest Suburb near you!
*Amy
1 comment:
Oh, the scene on the photos looks familiar! Hopefully, with the addition of his birthday boots, the ritual will become weekly, rather than daily. Looking forward to seeing you both soon. Have a wonderful time with your family celebrating your brother's wedding. Safe travels,
Judy
Post a Comment