
Gasp! Are those...leaves? Fall leaves? Wow! I love fall; it's my favorite season. I think it stems from long ago favorite activities like going back to school, outdoor football games, snuggly clothes and the smell of trees. That's a smell my senses haven't experienced in many years. I loved the colors of the changing tundra but I'm enjoying the trees and mountains make their seasonal segue. Who knows how long it'll last as Andy pointed out "Termination Dust" to me the other day. Commanding and proud Pioneer Peak of the mountain scene around here has a snow dusting on its top, indicating the termination of summer/fall.
Among the falling leaves, my car has nestled comfortably on Ridgeview Drive.
Here's the "Ridge" as Andy and I walk to check our mail at the box "hub." It's a great street but no ridge or view (other than the trees) in site...
I'm getting used again to these things called trees! I'm also getting used to attending functions I normally could not travel to. On Sunday, a few present and past KNOMers attended the ordination of my former KNOM roommate and co-volunteer, Julia. She's now Pastor Julia within the Lutheran Church! We hadn't seen each other in years and it was quite a privilege to be part of a moment she's worked years for. Julia prepares to offer her first communion as Pastor:
As of today, the merging of the Kitchen is pretty much done! As soon as the rest of the place is settled I'll posted a virtual tour of our Home on the "Ridge." Right now we get a long break from it all as we fly out in a few hours to MN for my brother, Kyle's wedding! It's a week in WI after that. If you don't hear from us for awhile, that's why as we're leaving the laptops at home! Andy just rolled out his packed suitcase so I should wrap this up. Enjoy your version of Fall and its comforts, wherever you be.
*Amy
2 comments:
I wish you the best of luck! Have a great time!
lgt
Not sure if you guys are even checking this while you are out, but have a great trip! I am jealous of the beautiful fall! Nome has been lucky with the sun, but now rain has arrived. Go Brewers! Go Brother's Wedding! And Happy Birthday Andy!
Post a Comment