It made sense to ship it rather than sell it. The back haul rates from the Bush are pretty good, even with a fuel surcharge tax. It's half the price to fly rather than barge. I had to run the gas tank down to a 1/4 mile of gas or less and we inspected the car for damage. Then I decided to mentally revisit some of my Nome-car adventures. We traveled the roads of the Seward Peninsula pretty good:
When I first bought the car it was given a special Lebanese blessing for protection! My friend Katie officiated the process for protection and Carol provided unrelated music on her accordion. So far so good!
When I first bought the car it was given a special Lebanese blessing for protection! My friend Katie officiated the process for protection and Carol provided unrelated music on her accordion. So far so good!
Next week the car will return to the same highway that heads up toward Fairbanks. My big concern is for its safety upon arriving in the hometown of a Vice President candidate (Wasilla) with an Obama sticker taped in the back window!
Mom has graciously been joining me for my errands and cooking dinners. We also went to a Contra (square-like) dance my last night at the detention center and tomorrow night there is a goodbye party for me and others at a Roadhouse out of town. I've had many wonderful goodbye tokens.
*Amy
ps-kudos to Andy for so easily accepting (it seems) my invasion of things! I haven't received any grief for that Kaboom! in the spare room. Not only will we integrate our stuff but I come with lots of hair--that stuff gets everywhere!
No comments:
Post a Comment