Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Popular Palin?

A lot of the questions I have regarding Sarah Palin's return to Alaska have been written quite well in this article by today's Anchorage Daily News. It's the kind of story that I suspect was written in advance of the election, in case she did lose. Check out it if you're curious about her future and want to learn more about the Alaskan climate she's returning to (it's colder than Arizona!). Reading about the buzz of her vote in Wasilla and seeing her stand next to McCain during his concession speech, I couldn't help but feel proud of her. I didn't vote for that ticket but she worked her butt off regardless. Someone I know well :) who saw her yesterday said she probably weighs just a buck-five. Markedly smaller than when she was last in Alaska. What a ride for that family. For the sake of our state, I hope all goes well and justified in future proceedings. I strongly believe she wasn't fit for a VP but I want the best for all our leaders because I'm the peon under them.

Andy's final (we think!) Dignitary Duty is today. She's coming home. Maybe I'll bump into her while getting coffee around Wasilla. And for the record, I've always cheered for Todd in the Irondog Snowmachine Race...I hope he wins in '09!

*Amy

1 comment:

löki gale said...

Vice President to Iron Dog...only in Alaska :)

lgt