Thanks to my current job I will be covered for all of September, through my two trips (YEAH! THANKS KNOM!). However, October will soon arrive and I may not have a new job immediately lined up.
This is where I solicit suggestions for temporary, month-by-month or small contractual time periods, HEALTH CARE PLANS.
To be honest, I'm kind of scared. Recently I watched Michael Moore's documentary, "Sicko." It put major (and some unfounded) fear in me. Probably not the best viewing choice given my circumstances.
I realize, though, that I have just over a month before I'm uninsured. Anyone have solid recommendations or suggestions for what to do or what to pursue?
*Amy
(ps- weather in Nome has been GLORIOUS. Thank goodness after all the rain and gloom we endured these last few months. How nice to ride a bike to work in a t-shirt and no jacket!)
4 comments:
A-
The blog header looks great!!!
If you want to get really picky (I hang around way too many designers) - take off a couple more pixels in the width (maybe 2 or 5...just to center it out) and put a stroke around the letters (black maybe) to help them pop.
Or...you can tell me to shove it as you have better things to do than fiddle with it ;)
On the insurance front, I hear organs are pretty lucrative. Maybe you can sell a kidney for some extra medical (and spending) cash?
Thanks for all the help and advice, lgt!
Sigh, I know I need to change the width--I just had to stop at some point with our third-world status internet :)
Thanks for the font suggestion, professor...I'll get on Photoshop again soon!
Maybe I'll just grow out my hair and donate to locks for love--it's good karma, you know!
Re: Insurance. This depends what you want. Do you want full coverage or only something temporary in case of emergency? If it's the latter, first see what your current insurance company offers for temporary emergency coverage. Most plans I've seen are 3 months, high deductible, but you are covered in emergency situations. I also have used State Farm for insurance gaps before. If you're looking for full-coverage, check out COBRA is where I'd start, but I'm not too familiar with it. Sara might be? Good luck!
Hi Amy,
Why can't you use "cobra coverage" and keep the plan you have at KNOM for 18 months? Say "HI" to Paul for me.
Rod
Post a Comment