That's how I felt when I recently realized I'm under a month in moving from Nome...been watching that hour glass since I overturned it in May when I announced I'm Wasilla-bound. I'm now about 29 days from the last flight out, providing four weekends of play. The weather this summer is a bust so the outdoor list I created to git-r-done may not take a huge hit by the time I'm gone from Northwest Alaska. The list is mostly of things to do again or finally for the first time. The list for what fun and adventures to find with Andy on the road system has yet to be created; I'm sure it will be immense!
The bulk of my things are already in Southcentral, through the kindness of others and the three-bag checked rule on Alaska Airlines. I'm slightly increasing the company's fuel/cargo expense by each box I send out with kind passengers! More on those helpful individuals later. As those sands fall short on Nome I look forward to some berry picking beginning the next few weeks. Blueberries WILL be part of my precious cargo as I leave.
Travel plans:
- Mom, Cathy, arrives in Nome Tuesday, Aug. 26th.
- Mom and I leave Nome Monday, Sept. 1st (Labor Day) on #153 (last plane of the day)
- In Wasilla for two days (with ANDY!)
- Mom and I leave Anchorage Thursday, Sept. 4th. She heads back home and me to Grand Junction, CO for Megan's wedding
- Andy & I in Minnesota/Wisconsin Sept. 16th-30th
*Amy
6 comments:
Thanks for setting this up, it will be a great help to those of us in the lower 48. Sounds like your last month in Nome will be a busy one, enjoy! Hugs to everyone, wish I was there.
LOVE the blog! Looking forward to seeing what you guys are up to!
Looking good :) I can help you fix your picture at the top (center it and make the blue just a border) if you would like. It just takes a bit of code manipulation!
lgt
dear amy, this is andy and tony aunt barb, we haven't met although i have heard such lovely things from my sister judy. i have eaten at the polar bear cafe while in nome several times. last august we rved alaska and had breakfast with andy at the snow goose cafe i think andy was in his patrol car and uniform he looked so handsome. we hope to make another trip to alaska soon hope to meet you. although we may meet in Sept. on your wisconsin trip. good luck with you move. love aunt B
Hola chica! I can't believe you'll be in Wasilla so SOON. Enjoy your last days in Nome-home. I selfishly cannot WAIT to have you nearby. I love the blog -- keep it up!
Great blog it will be so great to keep up with you on the big adventures. I know it is not for a little while yet, but I feel like time is really ticking away- Wahhh :)
Post a Comment