Thanks TGorn!
I've flown in some cool aircrafts while here. Previously, the smallest equipment included a helicopter ride, as well as a Cessna 206 or 207. Flying in G2's two-seater was a great highlight. Here's the pilot in action:
Upon leaving the remote fishing hole, I spotted Sledge Island shrouded in patchy fog. I've never seen the (quite visible from Nome) island from this angle before. 
We also went near Pilgrim Hot Springs, north of town, to find his family traveling by vehicle. A few, low, loop-de-loops sure felt exciting when we "honked" at them, and then we landed at Salmon Lake-down the road-to meet them up. My view before we landed:
Thanks for a great time, Tony! Right now, he and Andy are flying around to similar areas for intensive salmon fishing and camping---or building an outhouse! Andy's here this week for quality brother time, before G2's birthday. Hope to show more of them soon...
This is me with his snazzy PA-12 Piper Cub on a gravel bar at the mouth of the Sinuk River. We landed there to "throw in a line" for the silver salmon swimming from the ocean.
I've flown in some cool aircrafts while here. Previously, the smallest equipment included a helicopter ride, as well as a Cessna 206 or 207. Flying in G2's two-seater was a great highlight. Here's the pilot in action:
Upon leaving the remote fishing hole, I spotted Sledge Island shrouded in patchy fog. I've never seen the (quite visible from Nome) island from this angle before.
One of my favorite parts of this amazing landscape are the squiggles (meanderings?) created by the flowing rivers--as seen from the air. Ever since I began flying to villages. I keep my eyes peeled for these interesting and unique designs. Actually, those ribbons remind me of the doodles I drew on my paper-bag covered textbooks back in school! The land always makes a picture and displays its character proudly. I quickly captured this small river-squiggle as we flew over:
We also went near Pilgrim Hot Springs, north of town, to find his family traveling by vehicle. A few, low, loop-de-loops sure felt exciting when we "honked" at them, and then we landed at Salmon Lake-down the road-to meet them up. My view before we landed:
Thanks for a great time, Tony! Right now, he and Andy are flying around to similar areas for intensive salmon fishing and camping---or building an outhouse! Andy's here this week for quality brother time, before G2's birthday. Hope to show more of them soon...*Amy
2 comments:
Very cool! You are very lucky, though, not get motion sickness. I don't think I would trust getting into a small airplane...the big ones do me in sometimes!
I agree, great plane, great view, great company and great pilot! (OK, I am just a bit prejudice!) Sounds like a good time, looking forward to hearing and seeing more!
Post a Comment