Monday, December 8, 2008

Winter Wonderland?

Winter has descended on us and for the next 5 months the ground will be covered with snow.  Amy and I have yet to bust out the snowshoes but my new schedule, good weather, and fresh snow can quickly change that.  Maybe we'll test out the trail next to our house for a good early season snowshoe hike.  I wouldn't want to start out too strenuous, I learned my lesson last year after hiking to the middle of Eklutna Lake at -5 F.  Not a good decision, but it was good exercise!

Some fresh snow followed by some very cold weather covered all of our trees with 'hoarfrost'.  It is now mostly gone as the winds came and are gusting about 40 mph as I write this.  No need to go outside in that....hopefully.  Here is some of the back yard tree tops, at least for the time being.

Hopefully the winds don't blow down the little house that could.  Just in case the wind prevails, here is a quick peak at the winter homestead.


More winter pics to come, the season is just getting started!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely a winter wonderland, beautiful. Good job on the driveway!