*Amy
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Agency Party
I've been at my new job for less than three months but I joined the Xmas party committee to get involved and meet other employees. I basically met 2 more because only 3 of us planned the event for over one-hundred people! Before Christmas, we hosted the family-friendly shindig at Kincaid Park & Chalet, on the outskirts of Anchorage.
It was a great location and Andy joined me as it was his regularly scheduled day off.
Out of the entire agency, an equally small group decided to sing carols for the crowd. I miss singing and will take any opportunity I can get. The "Twelve Days of Christmas, in Alaska" was a hit ("...and a ptarmigan in a spruce tree..."), especially with the younger crowd:
Apparently when you're paid to work with youth, you're asked to entertain them while the "grown-ups" play their silly games:
Of course Andy got to meet my new co-workers and they-him. Here he chats it up with Charlie, who also commutes daily from the Valley:
The party already feels like ages ago but I think the many calories are sticking around! It's pretty jolly (and decorated) around RurAL CAP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looks like a fun time was had by all. Good job on the party planning!
Post a Comment