Our plans include staying in Anchorage at the wonderful Captain Cook hotel downtown, for a change of scenery. Today, after work at 4pm, I'll make my way to the hotel and indulge in a steam and a work-out (cold begone!) before getting ready for the night. Andy will join me once he's done with work and drives in from the Valley.
From there, our friends, Jodi & Graham, are hosting their famous Hot Pot on a many-person scale. It will be delicious and tons of fun! I'm hoping the special Hot Pot spices clear our heads. The City of Anchorage offers great fireworks at midnight, and I'm crossing my fingers that the hotel room will be aimed toward the view, to forgo standing in the cold...it's a cold snap all week: -22 degrees near home this morning! A cold during a cold--oh, the torture!!
Resolutions for 2009? Dunno--probably exploring more of Alaska with Andy: two things I love.
Happy New Year to you!
*Amy
2 comments:
Your plans sound wonderful, have a great time. Perhaps you will be able to steam all of the bad germs right out! Happy New Year!!!!!
I'm so glad you two came! More hot pot to come in 2009!
Post a Comment