Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fall Time

Early November and I finally got out to track down a deer. In all honesty, I was just as excited to set a skate line for some halibut and and to throw down some crab pots as I was to hunt a deer. My neighbor (Matt) and I put the Cajun Queen in the water and headed out in our quest for local dinner fare. First the skate line went down, then a couple of crab pots, and finally we rowed the dinghy to shore to hunt some deer.


Who would've guessed it as we happened across a fat buck after a short time on land. He was chubby as far as Sitka blacktail go. One 30-06 round, a high five with Matt, and a bit cleaning got us ready for a short haul to the beach and dinghy.


A quick row to the Sea Sport and it was time to check the crab pots. Unbelievable, success in the pots. Local Sitka surf and turf!


The day was more than a success. Maybe next time we'll complete the trifecta and scoop up a halibut on the skate line! Here's to hoping.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Fun times!

löki gale said...

I am totally showing these pictures to my local friends. They never believe me when I say Alaskans hunt.