Watching Andy shovel (since I can't!), wearing warm gear and taking in the breath-taking snowy scenery makes this winter so far a really great one. Love it today as the rain will come again and wash it all away.
This past week we had our third and final ultrasound with bebe--just to confirm her position, which IS head-down. What developments in seeing a defined spine, close-up of her mouth practicing breathing by gulping amniotic fluid in and out. Just as we were starting to see her eyes, she flung her hand over her head blocking the view. The technician said it was very dramatic and Andy quipped, "she must get that from her mother." I don't know what he's talking about! Once again, the photos we took home are no where near as neat as what we saw in real time.
We started the parental-to-be tradition of childbirth classes and have to say so far they're pretty fun! Our instructor is an OB nurse here but a certified midwife in her native Australia. Pretty great lady. And we have 2 doulas-in training attending. Among five other pregnancies in class we've got the closest due date.
I've been feeling slight movements by my pelvis. Our doc., instructor and the doulas noticed bebe's slight descent south. The beginning of the end (of pregnancy)! Andy's getting antsy.
*Amy


6 comments:
So excited for you Amy & Andy! I look forward to seeing pictures of your bebe very soon... :) What beautiful pictures of the winter too; thanks for sharing!
Amy - so happy and excited for ALL of you!! You are in my thoughts and prayers - hope you have a nice, easy delivery. And make sure you tell your grandparents "hello" when you go home to show off the baby!!
You're looking ready, lady! I'm so excited to see pics of the little lady, too! I'm glad you're enjoying your birthing classes. It sounds like you have a good instructor. I'm thinking about you!
I am so excited!!!! You look ready to go. I remember when I hit a certain point and Zeb couldn't wait either. He was looking up ways to get things moving :) Maybe I should send you a pineapple from Hawaii, that is supposed to kick things into gear. Didn't work for me but maybe because it was an Anchorage pineapple.
You look wonderful! Tom and I can't wait to meet our new grand-daughter. Glad the classes are going well!
You and the baby look beautiful! Glad to hear you are still feeling well. Need to call you soon before bebe arrives!
Love....megs
Post a Comment