Monday, October 31, 2011

Gorneration @ 34 weeks

We're deviating from the traditional in terms of type of pumpkin carved and the arrangement of our 4-week belly update. Gotta have some fun on Halloween, right? We picked out a sweet lil' pumpkin from the patch.
For real, though, I couldn't resist already exploiting our poor unborn daughter.
All continues to be pretty peachy-keen in pregnancy world. My feet did swell big time over night in Anchorage giving me the charming characteristic of "cankles." But they've gotten a little better and there are no medical concerns since my blood pressure is rock solid and I gained just a couple of pounds in 3 weeks. The doctor did inform of some important news that really supports my desire for a natural birth. Sitka has never offered epidurals and despite a new doctor starting, it won't be until the New Year that epidurals will be offered here for the first time. So I won't be tempted away from the birth plan I'm hoping I can handle. The nurses are used to methods and strategies for pain-free deliveries and my doctor has been known in another town as "Dr. Midwife."

To add to the fun of our remaining child-less time is that both Andy and I are up for trial jury service. We've both deferred before given travels but now we gotta face the music. Personally, I wouldn't mind serving in a trial but there's never a convenient time for it, right? I consider all I have to do with work before maternity leave. So when we have to appear Andy plans to wear his uniform, and I'll stay by his side trying to look as if I'll go into labor any minute. That might get us excused!

We're definitely in the homestretch now.
*Amy

1 comment:

Judy said...

I love you little pumpkin belly, so cute.
I love the updates too, enjoy your last
weeks of pregnancy.