Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Anchored in Anchorage

Last month I spent 15 days in Anchorage for work. Time flew by, it was really fun, and I accomplished a lot for the office and myself. Can't beat being in the city during AFN time when people from all over the state travel for the biggest Alaska Native gathering. The opportunity to see, bump into, and spend a little time with friends, acquaintances and "Alaska family" blew me away. I reconnected with so many! It was hard to miss home when you're always surrounded by people special to you.

I've been trying to create my first picture collage but it is an epic fail with major frustrations. I took photos of nearly everyone I got to see but it's just not working out to arrange those photos. So I'll include just a couple although it's a sad representation from what I hoped to post.

While running around Anchorage for work events, presentations and trainings, I also got back out to the Valley, down the Kenai Peninsula for a visiting blitz, and of course shopped for home and Guppy Gorn (and even supplies for Andy's next batch of home-brewed beer).

It was like a big chicken soup for the soul couple of weeks. From meeting two friends' babies, to hanging out with a Nome elder whom I used to meet for coffee up North, and even getting my mother-in-law  from the airport on a layover, it was just awesome.

Here's my amazing Anchorage work crew (well, a couple of former co-workers showed too). They didn't mean to surprise me but they did at a staff lunch that was meant to celebrate bebe and me!


Getting back to home and my husband was quite sweet as well. He even had the house cleaned for me!
*Amy

No comments: