Today is 3 months away from our due date! Hooo-weee! How did we mark 6 months into pregnancy? By going fishing! Andy's mom has been with us all week, and Mother Nature gave us a break from the regular rain for a lovely, sunny weekend perfect for going on the boat.
This photo was taken last week at 26-weeks along. Excuse the fact I'm wiped from working two jobs for 11-hours, and then gorging on a fondue dinner.
Bebe girl Gorn has been moving regularly of course and I'm so excited that Andy has started feeling her too. Just the other day it seemed a long shot that he could connect with her little movements, but I put his hand to the right place on my belly and that's when he said she gave him "ten"--two quick high-fives. Needless to say I was touched and thrilled by the moment.
Back aches are starting in some usual places. I'm looking forward, naturally, to my upcoming prenatal massage. Maternity clothes purchased just a month and a half ago are already considerably smaller. The
"how can I get any bigger"-pondering has entered my mind often.
So back to the day of fishing. Andy's mom reeled in two halibut--her first! And I managed one myself; a bitty one of 17 pounds. It could have 50 lbs. based on how it felt to pull the fish up from the ocean floor. I think it was a good arm exercise for a 6-month pregnant woman!
Great day with Grandma Judy!
*Amy
4 comments:
You look great - good to see the oversized St. Ben's sweatshirt is coming in handy!
Megs
Great day with Andy & Amy, thanks for the fun trip!
Oh man, yummy halibut! Looks like a nice visit with Judy. And you look beautiful Amy :)
I was surprised to see the Vikings decided to field a team again this year. I personally wouldn't have guessed it. Although probability and statistics give mathematical hope for a successful Viking's season; common sense suggests: minnesota+ football/purple uniforms + a tent stadium = failure and heartache.
The Vikings suck.
Post a Comment