Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bebe says Thank you!

Sitka showers are happening as we get to the windy, rainy, dramatic fall weather season. Last month in MN, I was part of showers of another sort. Baby showers for Guppy Gorn, as my sis-in-law wittily coined!

I planned a trip to MN on the spur of the moment and following my announced plans I was generously offered a couple of baby showers. I am so touched and had so much fun with amazing women, and some very sweet girls.  I know the Gorneration felt the love, and she'll certainly see the love when she arrives and has many wonderful clothes, helpful items, books and treasures to make her life awfully sweet (and helpful for her parents). We are so fortunate!

My friend Sara hosted a gathering of some college gals and family. I miss these girls! It was fun for all ages!

How can one not feel supported for big changes ahead when surrounded by strong, smart and beautiful friends? A heartfelt thank you to Sara and her mom, and a big Congrats to her too for expecting her second baby! Her due date is just 3 months after our bebe. We are a growing crew.

And then my dear mother and sis-in-law put on a family shower that put me into such laughter I began to over-heat! Thank you for all the special touches and hard work. Even my loving mother-in-law came all the way from mid-Wisconsin to join celebrating her future grand-daughter. I returned to Alaska feeling all sorts of good energy, love and happiness. It's good to be with family.


Our "guppy" is showered with love.

*Amy

No comments: