Some other things to mention from MN last month...I timed the trip to coincide with the Minnesota State Fair! The second biggest fair in the country (after Texas) in terms of offerings and attendance. I was soooo excited to go, get my food on, wander familiar areas and discover new booths. Even better was my company that day---cousins!
The Fair isn't called the "Great MN Get Together" for nothing! This is a Fargo, Twin Cities and Alaska reunion. (thanks to photographer, Robert)
I graced the Facebook world with a photo of me diving into a disgusting amount of fried cheese curds. I won't go there again, but the overdose cured my craving (at the time). There wasn't even a wait at the booth.
We didn't see the baby animals but I couldn't resist. Our familia did sit by the Grandstand and enjoy the awesome sounds of Heart's opening music act for that night's concert. The Wilson sisters rock. It was a HOT day and we navigated our appetites and crowds like champs. I haven't lost my Fair connection.
Then I enjoyed another non-Sitka activity: mini golfing! My bro, sister-in-law and I went to a course with real grass, real sand bunkers, water hazards and flags in the hole. It was a hole-in-one time! And those two better golfers putted to a tie for first place.
And no visit back is complete without some spent in Roseville. Love you Grandma and Grandpa!
Got my summer bake on, time with fam, lots o eating, relaxing and visiting. Perfect and needed.
*Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment