Thursday, October 9, 2008

Family Vacation Pt.2: Up at the U-P

After leaving MN last month, Andy & I joined his mom and step-dad, Judy & Tom, to their comfortable cabin on the Chain of Lakes in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.The goals were quality time with each other, relaxation and enjoyment of nice scenery. I think we easily accomplished the agenda. We also managed to fish quite a bit from the pontoon boat and caught everything from Judy's baby Bass (partial stripe observed):To many Blue Gills and Sun Fish:To  "Australian Bass" (Tom) and Andy's real 18 inch Bass!He caught it right off the dock. Judy can vouch for the great angling as she was there:
I'd like to mention that all fish featured in this blog were safely caught and released.
While baiting the hooks, we absorbed the start of beautiful fall colors. Andy captured some of the serenity as we traveled the Chain:

We began a critter count and tagged Bambi & her entire extended family, raccoons, loons and this guy, who flew right over us:
Ever hear of the eerie Paulding Light? I hadn't either, but Tom took us all there and now we're witnesses to this unexplained mystery! Andy and I also took advantage of walks in the woods, the paddle boat and four-wheelers. It was an awesome four days Up North. 
"How Yous All Doin'?"
We didn't think about unpacking back home and our jobs (or lack of at the time). The only concern was how many calories we were packing on and if the Brewers won their games at night. Ahh, to go back now...

*Amy

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Great pics of the midwest fishing adventure. Nice sun fish too, sure miss those little guys around here. Hope all is going well in Wasilla town. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Cole liked the gift, so much in fact that he threw it to the side and didn't look at it, but he did that with every gift. Then he played with them and fought over the gifts later. Got the mints! Thank you! Please let me know when something gets to you. I can't stand the suspense!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics! Glad we were able to introduce you to the U.P. I hope you grow to love it as much as Tom and I. Stay Safe!