Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Thanks, Alaska!

Last week over 600, 000 Alaskans received their annual pay out from the state of Alaska: the Permanent Fund Dividend. One baby was excited to receiver her first. For some reason her parents didn't choose direct deposit, but an old-school check. So the deposit is ready to be made, an investment for her future.
Miss A is so thankful for the treat she tried to eat her original check. Therefore I made a photocopy to memorialize #1 in pictures. She tried to eat the fake as well. Clearly she's teething again at the moment. Our task is figuring out a smart way to invest (some of) her savings for the next 18 or so years down the road. Ahhh, the decisions parents must make.

Truly, the jackpot is actually living in Alaska. That's what I thought while on our mountainside afternoon stroller "hike" today.
We had a wet, kinda crummy summer weather-wise. I think the number of sunny days can be shown on one hand, maybe the start of a second. I'm not exaggerating. A recent string of lovely fall days has been most welcome. I'm more motivated to get our ugly used Bob stroller rolling. Smell the sunshine, smell the change of seasons.

All else is well and we enjoyed a nice visit from Grandma J last week. Thanks for coming and we'll see you as you come through south from Nome!

*Amy

1 comment:

Megan Bisek said...

She is so cute in her hat with her tongue sticking out! Sending sunny thoughts your way...