Sunday, September 23, 2012

Nine Months

Miss A weighs a whopping 16# 9 oz. She's finally doubled her birth weight! Still petite and healthy. I don't mind as it saves my arm muscles! She is eating away and starting on some pincer skills for finger foods, namely Cheerios and peas/carrots bits. She has 5 teeth that have cut through.

Her gross motor skills are a bit timid. She can basically walk across a room when you hold on and support. As for moving around the ground for herself, well, she's just starting to scoot backwards. She can pivot and get herself into different positions and directions, but stationary otherwise.

Strangers don't alarm her, but while with the doctor the other day she kept looking to me to make sure all was okay. When Andy comes home and he walks down the hall, she starts looking excitedly in that direction until he appears. She expertly tracks us.

Today, almost a week after turning nine months, she showed her first little dance moves! A couple of seconds of moves upon hearing my singing. I loved it! Bath time continues to be a party with the water a-flying. She knows if I'm trying to hide something from her and the word "No" has taken meaning. I forgot to mention last month but she also has great delight in watching our stacked washer/dryer tumble the contents about.

Last weekend she had daddy time when I had to fly up to Fairbanks for work. When I came back she no longer wanted to be cradled as the last part of her bedtime routine. I don't know what changed and why, but I'm still trying to sneak in a song before laying her down in the crib. She doesn't want to be cradled anymore? What's next independent lady?! A trick I came home to tho was flicking the light switches on and off. Good teaching, daddy!





 The ceremonial end of a photo shoot--when the sticker becomes edible. Happens every time.

The evening of Miss A's nine-month date found us briefly on the boat in sunshine.

It's a funny thing for me to consider that she's alive as long as she was in utero. *Amy

2 comments:

get rhythm said...

Those eyes and that hair! What a cutie! She's so distinct. Happy nine months!

Megan Bisek said...

In the picture of her in the hat, she looks just like you, Ames!!! Such a beautiful little girl!