Friday, July 27, 2012

Cry Room

Two months ago I was at home with Miss A while Andy was in Juneau. The high school drama department was performing their spring show, Cyrano. I wanted to go but wasn't ready for a babysitter to stay with A for the show's duration. Then, I was kindly reminded of the amazing Sitka Performing Arts Center's cry room! So I took A, five months old then, to the theatre. The students did a grand job with the play. We enjoyed the comfort a spacious and comfortable room to ourselves. Miss A actually fell asleep in my arms within 10 minutes of the show starting and stayed racked out for the entire thing. No crying in the cry room!
I'm glad we can take advantage of this in the future, enjoy supporting the community, get some entertainment and expose A to quality happenings (even if she sleeps!).
 Rows of seating!

Miss A was starting to sit up at this time. 

From our seat in the Cry Room we watched and clearly heard Cyrano feeding lines to the lovely Roxane.

No comments: