These monthly photo shoots don't last long anymore. They progress in two stages: 1) get Paws' (the polar bear) shoes pulled off and chew them. 2) When Mom puts the shoes away, out of sight, attack the sticker on the onesie to the point of ink contamination and destruction.
Bear Butt
Although just a hint here, her bottom teeth are getting so big!
The beginning of the end of the photos
Miss A is officially a sitter. She goes quite awhile on her own now, although I haven't figured out how long exactly. She is a master tummy-to-back roller. We can barely keep her on her belly anymore. As for back-to-belly, well, she's pretty funny about that. She is doing everything right and contorts in some weird yoga move to see us, but she nor gravity are doing the final tip to make her roll that way. Soon, very, very soon.
I will admit to being conservative on the solid foods introduction. I am picking up speed now. By last week she has eaten sweet potatoes, sugar peas, green beans, carrots, squash and bananas. Truth be told she hasn't been crazy about the majority of the offerings for whatever reasons. I am making the food myself so it could be my pureed texture. Her expressions, uncontrollable shudders, and more, are hilarious to witness. Thankfully I thought of a work-around, but that's just it...a work around. She'll have to eat the straight up stuff someday. I can mix anything into rice cereal and she'll gobble it up. Seriously loves the stuff and makes all sort of noises for more between mouthfuls. I was pleased the other night when she ate a green bean/carrot mix as-is. All part of the fun and I'm sure she'll better enjoy fruits as we move along in that category.
She looks around for us all the time and she LOVES watching and getting her daddy's attention. Oh, the smiles and laughs she gives him! We are loving following her observations (tracking moving dogs and cars, catching a couple minutes of the Baby channel on TV and giggling...). And A is seeking out and selecting the toys she wants to grab, not just the ones closest to her. She thumps her feet down now like she's trying to crack the earth. How can that not hurt?! It sounds like the house is shaking when she thumps in her crib!
This week she has a bit of a cold but that hasn't slowed her down or soured her demeanor. What a happy social butterfly.
*Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment