Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Hairy Attempt

Andy's profession doesn't allow him to have facial hair. There are actual Policies & Procedures for allowable mustaches, sideburns and such. So when he took leave in July he didn't shave the entire time. That makes it the longest he's EVER gone without shaving! And it was confirmed that he doesn't have a knack for big growth.

Okay, I'm picking on him a little because he's not here to stop me (en route from Anchorage)!

Though I'd say he did good and looked good too. Near the end of this hiatus--about 2 1/2 weeks?--he was more than ready to shed the scruff. I talked him into finishing through a weekend. I will add that the various stages of removing the "growth" were pretty funny. Snakey goatee, creepy stache, etc. It was like he kept appearing as different characters.

Miss A didn't care any which way. It's just her Daddy. I do think she tried grabbing on at one point.
What do we prefer? Shady Andy? All American Andy? I think we both lean towards what we're used to. I labeled this blog under "projects" because that's what it felt like a little...perfect for a guy doing a lot of fishing.

No comments: