Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Gorneration @ 22 weeks
We're 5.5 months into this thing! I guess the biggest addition or change to share over the last month, other than an ever-growing belly (and I seriously feel bigger than average for this stage of the pregnancy), is the sensation of little bebe movements. It started just about 1.5 weeks ago and I'm certain now that these little sci-fi feeling pulses are our little girl.
I've always been curious what it would feel like, how to expect, and then describe a baby moving. I'm not at the point that I can tell it was a kick, or see ripples across my belly, or for Andy to feel either. It's just little internal sensations that never happened before. It's something like painless pulses or muscle/organ spams in my lower abdomen. And they seriously make me giggle aloud! She usually does her little thing in the late afternoon or before bedtime. This morning, though, she's pulsing away--sometimes for just two quick pokings or a gurgly-feeling that can last a minute. She definitely gets my attention, and a few words from me, at these times.
I'm guilty of buying foods I NEVER would get. Like Oreos. Andy will match me oreo for oreo with milk after dinner (actually, he sets the amount of a "short stack" so we don't go overboard). He was starting to complain of sympathy weight but I reminded him of something called "self-control." Lucky for him he's back to a regular work-out routine now that the new Academy started up.
We picked up some used items around town for killer deals...like a Bob jogging stroller, portable playpin and vibrating chair. Another Trooper family passed on their car seat to us! I set up a free appointment to have it inspected and was given a thorough 411 on safety handling and installation. I think I passed the test (I seriously had to install it while he watched me). New respect for the awkward car seat game.
Despite introducing the Boppy body pillow to bed, lately my lower back and sides ache in the morning from side-sleeping. Thank goodness for insurance-covered prenatal massages! I'm loving that perk. And I'd like to give another shout-out...to Tums---getting heartburn here and there. Also, not so sure on this rumored "glowing complexion" during pregnancy. Maybe that's code for "oily" and I was misled for what to expect.
Got my next doctor check-in Monday and I plan to ask if size-wise and all that if we're still tracking for 12/10/11-ish. Andy leaves this Saturday morning for training in Georgia and we won't see one another until 9/1. He might have to use these pictures as reference for growth when we see one another after a long absence!
*Amy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, how wonderful that you are feeling bebe move about in her little world. You look so good, pregnancy agrees with you!
You look great! I'm so excited for you I can hardly contain it. Let me know the next time you're in ANC. Perhaps I can make a special trip. Are you delivering in Sitka?
Glad to hear you are picking up items here and there - the Bob stroller is going to be super nice! You look great - wish I could see you in person!
Megs
Post a Comment