Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Gender of next Gorneration Is....

Who Am I?
WHAT am I?
What am I doing?
We'll tell you after this next commercial break...
[dramatic music, flashing lights, drawn out pause, studio applause]

Yesterday we learned, with double confirmation, that the Gorneration is growing to include a FEMALE! Hurray for little girls! Kudos to Amy's Dad, Grandpa and future father-to-be, Andy, for staking their unwavering claim on a girl. You are some smart guys in my life (or the lucky side of a 50/50 chance)! 

And we were not prepared to learn the gender as quickly and easily as we did during the ultrasound. Within 2 seconds bebe showed us her bottom side as clear as could be! After digesting the revelation so quickly, we excitedly moved on to enjoy the rest of our HOUR AND A HALF-LONG ultrasound. It was the ultra-session with thorough measurements, examinations and watching our girl hang out in her world.

So what's she doing, above? Baby yoga of course! I like this scan even though it's a bit blurry because the straight lines above her body are her legs--completely flopped over top of her! We watched her grab her toes, yawn, hiccup, swing her little arms around and eventually flip over for pictures of her spine. We saw all 4 chambers of the heart beating and we were told "that's a nice umbilical cord." A comment or compliment (?) I never expected to hear in my life.

The double confirmation arrived after our student technician gave the controls over to her supervisor. She made a couple of last measurements and snapped a few more stills, and announced 'girl' all on her own too. Wow, naturally, that was a fun and special time for Andy and me. We're still smiling and chuckling about some of those movements we witnessed. 

Let the girl prep, and name selection, begin!

3 comments:

lara said...

Congratulations!! :)

Judy said...

A beautiful little girl, and from the sound of it, a very athletic little girl. You may have a future olympic medal winner on your hands. Thanks again for sharing, I love reading and seeing the pictures of your little star. Can't wait to meet her!

Nikki said...

Yeah little girls rule!!!! Then they can be good friends :) Glad you had a "clear shot" it is nice to know for sure what the sex is instead of "what did I say last time/" Yeah!!!!!