Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cheeseheads

Considering the Packers play in the Superbowl on Sunday and Andy leaves for the game in a day and half, you'd think this "Cheesehead" post is about football fans.

Andy had a short meeting to make in Wasilla this week and I wouldn't let the opportunity for 3 free airline bags pass us up. He kindly brought an empty cooler and checked my list at Sam's Club. Pretty easy....meat and cheese...a chance to bring home a cache of chilled items within a few hours. Well, Andy is a provider, and clearly hails from the Midwest, because these beauties are sitting in our fridge.
I must be from the Midwest too given my approval!
(I wonder how often I write about dairy here.)
Anyway, meet the gang:

1.35 lb Wisconsin Aged Cheddar Cheese,
1.75 lb Dubliner (one our FAVES & imported from Ireland),
1.76 lb Three Alarm colby jack cheese ("intense pepper flavor"),
.77 lb Gruyere (perfect for fondue),
and the heavyweight is a whooping 2.01 lbs of Jarlsberg.

I can tell we're maturing given our tastes and exploration in cheese varieties. Despite a bias for the Dubliner, my guess is the Three Alarm will come out on top. Maybe we'll make it a "cheesy" Valentine's Day this year and stare into each other's eye across the fondue pot!
All I know is I'm gonna need a lot of wine to do this collection justice.

As for the Cheeseheads? Well, they tend to find each other.
*Amy

1 comment:

Judy said...

Yum, hadn't heard of the Dubliner. I will have to look for it. One thing missing, the curds.