Monday, December 7, 2009

Many Thanks in the Midwest

We're finally settled back home after a really nice trip back to the Midwest. The goal was MN for Thanksgiving with all the family at my parent's, and a wonderful bridal shower my Mom hosted too.

Mom asked guests for recipes, which I have been happily trying out since getting back to AK. As I type, Andy's scarfing down Georgia's beef stroganoff. Good ole Midwest dish. Andy thanks Georgia for the recipe, and those yet to come. :)

The warmer weather was a welcome to us after a week of unusual freezing temps. We stepped back to fall and smelled the leaves! During the Turkey day I was able to color with my second-cousins. Four-year old Anthony said, "When you babysit us we can watch [the movie] Transformers." Oh, how I wish I could! Aren't they precious?
Long-time friend, Sara, invited college friends to get together over some pizza. There's no better combination. It was so neat to rub Sara & Kati's bellies of their first babies....little Chubbies!While in St. Paul Andy asked to visit a landmark...the St. Paul Cathedral. It's one of the most recognizable and visible buildings downtown. So Dad took us; I hadn't been there in many years.Right after filling up some Thanksgiving pie we drove the 4+hours to just beyond Madison for a brief visit with Andy's family and be part of Nikki & Zeb's wedding. It was total fun and they're so happy! A highlight was nephew Colton doing a full run down the aisle bringing the flower girls with him as he yelled, "Daddy!" Pretty cool to celebrate with Alaskan friends IN Wisconsin. While I managed to be a bridesmaid, apparently I can't manage to take a normal picture with the couple.
I couldn't manage to get a clear shot of G2 & G3 either. Maybe I was having too much fun, but from the looks of the Gorn brothers, it went both ways.
The time in WI was very short but we're thankful for the generosity, love & support of our family whenever we come by, for however long.*Amy

No comments: