Friday, November 20, 2009

What Happens at the Bach, Stays with the Bach!

A week ago I left Andy home alone for a girls weekend. Where else do you go for lady time but Nome, AK?! I really wanted to be at & help with the Bachelorette party for my ole' roommate, Nikki. Nome was full (is full) of snow, chilly, beautiful and tres amusement. Of course we had the usual Airport Pizza shindig, brunch with friends at the Polar, and quality time with the future nephew & niece....but Saturday was also full of both fresh and smokey air.

Nikki, Erika and I (well, and the 3 black & white doggies) went for a 2-hour Bering Sea beach walk. There was a good storm earlier that week so items like starfish washed ashore and then froze to the ground. It made walking on the glaze a bit tricky, but also interesting as the land and sea winterize.
The dogs crowded Erika as she took a picture of Nikki & I at the mouth of the Nome River, and then her pup, Coco, got so heated that a dip in the freezing Sea was needed (or looking for the lost stick)!
As for the ladies-only party, I'll just say that it was a blast and I loved being back. My voice was pretty hoarse the next day. I authorize the release this photo, but that's it.One of our next blog posts will be from the actual wedding of Nikki & Zeb in Wisconsin! Looking forward to this next week in the Midwest.

Happy Thanksgiving!

*Amy

No comments: