Monday, July 27, 2009

Nome Nuptials

We got back to Nome again! And for what a great reason... the marriage of good friends Liz and Eric. Years ago they were KNOM volunteers and I worked with them--Liz stayed in Nome and Eric eventually moved back. It's a great story and I'm so happy they asked me to be part of their wedding party!

Andy also came up for a few days, but I spent most of my time visiting friends and former workplaces. G2 and G3 spent a hard day's work in Council. Staying with Nikki & Zeb in their new home was just like going home. We went beach glass gathering at East end and nearly tripped over this dead seal in the process! You never know what you'll find gracing the Golden Sands of Nome.
We also went scouting for good looking willows to take down as decoration for the wedding reception.The weather turned so nice for one night that we went back to the beach for a bonfire. This photo was taken with good friends during the Midnight Sun. Note the need for sunglasses!Before I knew it, the wedding arrived. Earlier this year Liz stayed with us one weekend, and that's when she bought her wedding dress. It was so special to be with her when she picked the dress and then to see her "live" it!Then I had to be asked to stop cutting the cake for them! Got a little carried away. :)Another special couple to Congratulate and wish all the best for their lives together.

It was more "normal" to be back in Nome this time than Christmas. A part of me felt like I hadn't moved at all. I'm so happy to keep connected.

*Amy

No comments: