I couldn't help it. I had to go to the Mat-Su Governor's picnic Friday night to see Palin in her home element before quitting on Sunday. Plus, Andy opted to work overtime for it and it was close to home, so why not join the hubbub?
Everyone wanted a piece of Palin, so I dove into the crowd for a moment to peak at her and daughter Piper handing out hot dogs and watermelon. The part I liked was all the Commissioners for her Administration serving food for the entire picnic! Oh, do you want a bag of Doritos from the Commissioner of Health and Social Services?
Andy was a security "roamer" and I roamed until I found him all spiffed up.
He looked so official that he said people asked for photos with him! Our almost-new Governor Sean Parnell even shook his hand at the end and thanked him.
Despite the big crowd of Valley residents and a lot of Outsiders (that was amusing enough to watch), the other scenery was quite nice at Wonderland Park.
I was glad to have company for the picking a part of her public comments. During the military program she said what I was waiting to hear as Hometown Queen...this video ends with a short image of Alaska's new Lt. Gov and then Gov.
Just as I stopped recording a man ahead of me shouted , "I want you to be Commander in Chief." People went a little crazy. I just went crazy. :)
*Amy
1 comment:
Wow, I can't believe how close you got to her!! Don't you LOVE her sweatshirt....so hometown!
Post a Comment