Saturday, April 18, 2009

WEDDING DATE ALERT! 7/3/2010

It's set! We've reserved a church and reception site! When you start playing the game this early, we get your pick of the place and day. Scheduling a wedding on Saturday, July 3rd (2010) will hopefully allow for a great, long holiday weekend in the beauty of Alaska.
The Catholic church ceremony will be at Sacred Heart Parish in Wasilla. We've booked the downstairs banquet room at Settler's Bay Lodge (no housing at this lodge, though!), also in Wasilla. Settler's is actually 8 miles from our house and we've enjoyed a few meals and tours there. We've also started looking at large-group accommodations for guests to avoid expensive, peak season hotel rooms. Very promising locations around the area.

Andy is now checking out the average costs for weddings (yikes!); ours will be on the smaller side. Well, I guess we're getting our feet wet now--with plenty of time to go!

*Amy 

2 comments:

Judy said...

I am so excited I can hardly stand it! Settlers Bay is so nice, it will be a beautiful place to hold your wedding reception! Now things will start to fall into place!

löki gale said...

You could not have picked a more beautiful place!

I really wish I could be there, but I will still be here :)