Sometimes they're not so subtle or natural, but downright obvious, like when a juvenile landed in a convenience store parking lot and just starting walk around. Or when I pulled away from the McDonald's drive-thru (I know, I know!) and saw one also doing a close drive-thru (our McD's has an awfully scenic parking lot view).
When an eagle passes overhead and we're sitting on our porch, I'll point and say to Andy, "bird." He doesn't even look up. I say, "hey, you missed a good one of an eagle!" He said, "then, say it's an eagle, not a bird." Although scientific categorizing says I'm technically right, to Andy--and most of us--the eagle is so much more than just a "bird." Their grace, strength and beauty is so romantic/captivating.
We're amateurs with photos and we certainly don't try to take pictures of eagles, but sometimes the moment comes together for us to document just one of our many encounters.
Photos by our friend, BV, while playing on our camera aboard the Cajun Queen.
Golfball heads. One above and at least three in the picture below.
No eagle eye needed to spot the eagle in the picture, below.
Just like the look of the moon one evening from our yard in early July. :)
*Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment