Sunday, June 17, 2012

Recent Travails Part Two

Part two of highlighting some work details and updates from us.

Andy was nominated for a state employee award, called the Denali Peak Performance Award. He was recognized for some specific accomplishments at the Academy this past year. It was quite special to read what was written about him in the nomination. Then, an announcement of the nomination was made just over a week ago at the recent Academy graduation for the law enforcement recruits. His Colonel announced it and read a bit of the nomination for all to hear at the ceremony. Miss A and I were very proud of him! Well deserved!

Great news from the graduation is the return of Andy's very close friend to the Troopers. B & Andy went through the Academy together. About 4 years ago he and his wife left the State and served deployments in the Middle East. Now they're back in Alaska...for good, and B has made a lateral move to become a Trooper again! So he's back at the Academy for an abbreviated stay, and he's back in the blue. B's wife will visit us all in Sitka soon, before B goes back to patrol. In the meanwhile, Andy officially "pinned" B with the AST badge at graduation! They look handsome and squared away.



As for my update, this week I officially go down to part-time work for RurAL CAP. I'll be working 24 hours/week given some funding changes. And as that shifts, another opportunity presents itself. For the rest of this summer I will be interim Program Director for the fabulous and amazing local public radio station, KCAW-Raven Radio! I'm jazzed for the chance to use and return to more radio skills such as production and scheduling. I will be trained by a talented friend, and I hope the station finds the perfect match for a full-time, permanent PD in the coming months. It's an exciting time to increase my employment with KCAW as they celebrate their 30th anniversary of being on-air ,and have many exciting happenings lined up around the 4th of July.

I'll keep busy during the week but there will be a bit of open time to enjoy summer with my girl, A. We'll see how this new schedule plays out! Andy and I are so blessed for the professional work we have and our job satisfaction.

*Amy

1 comment:

Kati & Butter said...

Have fun going back to your "roots"...radio is just in your blood!