Monday, December 12, 2011

Yup, the Waiting Game

I thought we'd be done with pregnancy posts, but why not share an update as we wait for bebe girl to decide when she wants to make her debut?

Her due date on Saturday the10th obviously came and went. Actually, it was a warm and fantastically beautiful day so we took to Totem Park in Sitka for some brisk walking (by Amy's standards). She's dropped a lot.


This location is where Andy and I took a walk in January and discussed being open to starting a family. Seemed fitting to return to the area on the very day we've focused on for most of this year.

Maternity leave started today and we spent a good while this morning at the hospital for an ultrasound, Non-Stress Test and bio-screening. Everything shows that bebe is still doing well inside and all is functioning as it still should. From the quick look at her face she seems to be sprouting some major lips! I think they'll take after Andy. We had very visible confirmation that she is still a she. And we were given the very loose estimate of weight at 8 lbs. 1 oz, plus or minus 19 ounces!!! What a margin of error!

I am 2 cm dilated, thinning and effacing without contractions kicking in. Let's get kicking, I say! The plan is to repeat this morning's routine again on Wednesday if nothing transpires.

As we just wait and wonder, we pick away at house cleaning and walking. The baby/guest room is nearly finished (but again, she'll stay upstairs with us for her early months).

The dresser can only fit in the closet. It is FULL!
Andy says it's a lot of toe-tapping and kinda stinks not having control, but we'll take her when she's good and ready. Thanks for your thoughts and inquiries!

*Amy

3 comments:

Jackie said...

LOVE the room, and YOU look wonderful! Praying you have a beautiful bundle in your arms soon!

Pastor Julia said...

You look so good! I know the discomfort of having the date come and go! Good luck to all of you.

Judy said...

Thanks for the update. The nursery looks so nice. Glad the dresser could fit in the closet. I love the picture of you sitting by the water, perfect for bebe's baby book. Keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers.