(knock on wood) I have not had any morning sickness, but just some general nausea early on. I was always able to eat, even if that meant forcing toast first thing in the morning. I think those weird stomach feelings helped kick off caffeine early because coffee didn't even remotely interest. Now I'll have a cup of decaf here or there. Then, after the uncomfortable appetite I treaded thru in the mornings I jumped into LOVING breakfast! Huge breakfasts (for me) I'd get a cookin' while working in my office. Now I'm back to a more balanced load, but gosh, hash browns sound good anytime.
As for fatigue, I had a healthy dose of that especially around weeks 7-9. As soon as my play ended in mid-April I was couch or bedridden. All my energy was gone and Andy took care of me with fixing meals and helping out. After that time period I only needed naps once in awhile, but those nap needs came on sudden and intense, and I could sleep hard and be instantly refreshed after 20 minutes.
I'm fortunate that I began feeling back to my normal self by week 10 and 11 because I needed to travel for work, and especially work hard during the week of our conference in Dillingham. I felt like a champ during those long days. Thank you, baby, for helping me out!
I've had other normal, random afflictions like increased acne, an occasional headache (rare for me), the dreaded constipation, etc. Right now I'd say the hard thing for me is staying asleep and comfortable all night long. Last night I was wide awake for two hours. I know it's said that insomnia helps prepare for interrupted sleep later on, but then I need a nap later to make up for it, and I'd just rather soak up the sleep I can now. I'm training my body and slightly bigger belly to sleep on the better-for-baby left side, so that's part of the nighttime adjustments. One of these days I'll break down and crack out my boppy body pillow birthday gift!
I have a chiropractic consult tomorrow which will clear the way to have insurance cover prenatal massages! My first massage is already scheduled on July 11th and I'm so excited to soak up this perk.
Andy and I are also trying out talking aloud to baby as I know the ear bones are developing and he/she will begin hearing us better. It definitely takes a conscious effort to do that.
No cravings to date aside from eating certain foods a few days in a row awhile ago. One week I ate 3 lunches in a row from Subway because their warm subs sounded so good. Another week I went to the local coffeehouse 3 days in a row for a specific bagel with cream cheese combo. Hash browns still rule. Other than that, I'm acting normal. I think, anyway...maybe Andy has something different to offer!
Again, thanks to baby for being gentle and easy-going on me---so far!
*Amy
2 comments:
Love reading about your progress, I am glad everything is going well for you! Can't wait!
Löki Gale or Gale Löki or Lukey (if it is a boy) all sound like super names to me...
Post a Comment