14.5 weeks along
We found out the life-changing and wonderful news on April's Fools day (about 5 weeks at that point) and kept the change to ourselves until a 10-week appt. when I got to see our little fishy. I'll share perspective soon about "how it's been" so far adjusting to pregnancy. Blog archives with excellent documentation and stories shared by my friends, Sara and Kati, more than a year ago have been really enjoyable for me to review and reference. (you're the experts ladies!)
So it was a special 31st birthday for me this Monday when both Andy & I went to the doctor for the 14-week appointment and heard baby's heartbeat! I nearly missed the moment as it took awhile for him to find it. I had to ask when it was found, at which time Andy and Doctor both said YES. Then I started listening really hard just before it disappeared. I'm such a novice. It won't be the last time for sure as one our friends in Sitka is locating her personal Doppler for us to borrow! The heartbeat was at.....140 beats. Which, according to insights shared to us by other parents in Sitka, and the old wives' tale that held true for my friend, Sara, it could be a boy. We'll find out next month and let you know!
As my co-worker said, it was a special birthday to spend with our entire family "to-be." :) We have been really blown away by the kindnesses and excitement shared by friends and family. Well wishes, lovely messages, thoughtful cards and even generous gifts for our news has really made this journey more real and special. Thank you!
I had a great weekend prior to my birthday with the visit of Liz. We both used to live in Nome and she just moved from there to Cordova. And guess what? She's pregnant too! Baby Guthier is due 1/2/12. So we indulged in comparing notes, discussing what to eat, how we feel and all that fun stuff since we're just 3 weeks apart.
We took those babies-to-be on board and cruised around with the Cajun Queen.
Blue-green water reflected in sunshine
Grilling Dinner Grub
Liz and I went to the Alaska Rapter Center, less than a mile from our house. It was amazing; I had never been to an animal rehabilitation center before. The presence and size of the eagles astounded us and pictures don't do justice.
Eagle and a football. Seems pretty American.
I call this one FedEx speedy!
What an eagle eye you have
Next up for baby? Joining the ranks of "navel orange" on Saturday. ha!
*Amy, plus lemon
4 comments:
Gotta love the fruit references!
You have such a cute little "lemon belly." I am so excited to follow your pregnancy journey and transition to parenthood!
It's not a fruit or a fishy; it's a parasite. We know; we have two of them ouselves. Good luck.
Tony & Angie
Congrats!!! We're so excited for you!! That lemon of yours is going t have some awesome adventures down there in southeast. Let me know the next time you're hanging out in ANC.
Heather
Congrats Amy and Andy!! So excited for you. Best wishes to your "Little Lemon" too!
Love Jim & Susie
Post a Comment