Not much blogging activity which does not reflect a lack of activity in our lives! Quite the contrary. The biggest piece for me, as mentioned here before, is "Rumors" by Neil Simon! The play, a farce, is this weekend: Friday night, Saturday night and a Sunday matinee. I'm so excited and we're working hard every night.I play Chris Gorman, a well-to-do half of a power couple (lawyers) who take the brunt of some major unknowns and mis-haps with their friend, the Deputy Mayor of New York. I swear, smoke a fake cigarette and drink fake adult beverages (along with everyone else). It's quite the production in the revivial of Community Theatre in Sitka. The Performing Arts Center we are staging the production in is GLORIOUS. I feel like a sham professional in a space worthy of a big city (we have flat screen monitors backstage and in all the dressing rooms to see what's happening onstage!). Obviously a follow-up post with photos is in order.
Did I mention it's set in 1988 and I have shoulder pads in a pantsuit worthy of a football player? I'm experimenting with my hairstyle today. Been channeling inspiration from "Dynasty," "Designing Women," and especially Judith Light in "Who's the Boss?"
"Slower, go slower, talk like we're children." (Chris)
Let the show go on!
1 comment:
LOVED the picture you texted on show night - can't wait to see more! I am sure it was a huge hit!
Megs
Post a Comment