Last weekend we started to hike a trail but turned around after a bit because dusk would be settling in and Andy didn't have his gun. This trail was closed for most of late summer/early fall for bear activity. The time was 3pm. So even though we're gaining daylight now the sun in Southeast still sets before the rest of Alaska (therefore our sunrise is earlier too).
This trail was neat because along the way we passed from the Tongass National Forest into Alaska State Park land (btw, all access is free here, no user fees). As usual we admired the immense spruce trees and other lush, vibrant vegetation in the woods or on the beach.


But then twilight I suppose is the time when my imagination begins to set in. Are there vampires or werewolves in this dank, fresh, green and wet rain-forest? Would I see Edward hiking Bella on his back to the tree tops? Would beasts in a pack run by together on the hint of a scent??


No, we didn't turn around because twilight was starting and we were in unfamiliar territory. We left because this Twilight certainly belong to some
thing else. We would return another time, in sunshine (like today or tomorrow) when the day is Breaking Dawn....
*Amy
btw, I just love that a light water-proof jacket & boots, a hat and light gloves is all that's needed in Jan. to play outside!
4 comments:
Ha! I have to admit I did not make the twilight connection right away in your title so as I looked at the pictures I was saying to myself that looks like forest from the twilight movie. I am not the brightest bulb right now. Anyway, great pics and connections...good readings!
LOVE the Twilight reference...and your boots!
Megs
It looks just like I imagined - next blog post will be you and Andy sparkling in the sunlight :)
:) I thought you would be talking about vampires in Alaska for a hot minute. No such luck...
Post a Comment