Imagine a 3-day getaway weekend and when you reach your destination you sleep in your own bed, and you didn't pack many clothes because the majority of your wardrobe is already there. Oh yeah, add in your spouse and you've gone "home" for the weekend. Well, lucky for us, I was able to be in Sitka with Andy for a few days!! Nice reunion and the first time going to the new home since we made an offer on it. In fact, Andy carried over me the threshold when we drove up!
He made a lot of headway unpacking our things and getting them into some sort of placement. Andy treated me to a fantastic dinner out, and then I treated him to a movie I slept during--"The Expendables." Besides organizing my portion of the closet & bathroom, and going through an endless supply of boxes with Andy, we went on an outing. The drive (about 4 miles UP Harbor Mountain) provided awesome views.

Lots of raspberries along the road too. Check out that size! It was yummy.
The higher elevation we gained, the sudden surprise of BLUEBERRIES! I haven't fulfilled my picking desires this year being in-between places. Our exploration trip quickly became a picking trip and Andy rigged me up a holding cup. I learned that high-bush blues are different for a couple reasons from the usual low-bush tundra berries. Still, BERRIES!
Just a few feet away from the above photo was a view of Mt. Edgecumbe, the local & dormant volcano.
So as I sit writing this entry, I have 40 minutes before going to the airport for my last two weeks in Anchorage. I think I'm in the best seat of the house for a view of the mountains and water, the Vikings game is on our newly hooked up cable, and Andy sits next to me eating ice cream. He's got a good few bruises, shiners and scrapes from recent Defensive Tactics exercises at work. I'm excited to return and begin this new chapter together. The preview and trailer to this stage in life is pretty exciting.
*Amy
1 comment:
Looks GORGEOUS! I see lots of blueberry jam in your future! :)
Megs
Post a Comment