Hard to believe I spent my last St. Patrick's Day as an official Flaherty. There's just something about having an Irish name on SPD that brings respect?, fear? or admiration by non-Irish on the holiday that makes us all Green. I don't begrudge the unique name I'll take this summer, but I think Brides who change their names have an adjustment period. My change will be my Irish "identity."Lucky Andy found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! He takes on a lifetime of pub tunes, "Slaintes", green clothing and other fanfare on March 17. So I was excited that he worked last Wednesday-daytime, rather than his usual evening schedule. I had someone to celebrate with in Wasilla on this very important St. Paddy's Day!
We went out to eat, enjoyed live country music (don't ask), and green beer of course. I also celebrated before we left the house.
*Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment