Thursday, January 19, 2012

One Month Old

Miss A is one month old. Of course time just flies by and yet her arrival last month seems part of a far-away holiday land, long ago.

"Paws" the polar bear was made just for A by Uncle Kyle and Auntie Steph. I think her monthly photo shoot tells some sort of story (not sure what kind) about A's new relationship with Paws. I'm interested to see how the two of them evolve over this first year.




The days, on maternity leave for me, are sliding by. We might just be discovering some sort of routine. It's amazing to me that we've already had to retire some newborn clothes! Recently she's become soooo happy in the mornings. Every smile, reflex or the real deal, is amazing to witness. While missing some major smiles, this video glimpses at the happy morning girl (if you can stomach the talking mother).

She is quite strong and one of my favorite baby-isms is the Moro reflex. That's when she throws out her arms in a full reach. It's like she says, "what gives?" Or she's ready to catch a football. The outreach happens for just a moment, usually during a diaper change, and is hard to capture. Here's a partial "moro":

 Typical sighting of mom and baby
 Tummy Time!
She has great strength, and sense of hanging on!

Miss A loves her black & white books right now, finally felt sunshine during the dark Sitka winter and her hair continues to grow. It's been an amazing, challenging and life-changing month.

*Amy

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh what a sweet baby! Man, how time flies, it seems like FOREVER ago Victoria was one month, but it was only 5.5 months ago. Baby time is like warp time :)

get rhythm said...

Oh I love the baby legs! I had a couple pairs for J and forgot to put them on M. I guess I still should. Miss A is quite the gal! I love the hair and how she looks so distinct already. Definitely a combo of you two. M just outgrew the cutest pair of Robeez you've ever seen. She's got small feet. Do you have a pair yet for Miss A? I'll send'em down if you don't. I also agree with Nikki about warp time. M is 10 months old. Seriously when did that happen?

Jodi and Graham said...

omg that video just melts my heart! that big smile at the end!!!

Grandma Judy said...

You made my day Amy. The video is amazing, to see and hear her move, thank goodness for computers! I love all the pictures, but the one that stood out to me is the second one where she is covering her ears, almost saying, no, I am not interested, no! She is so sweet, I can't wait to see you all. I love the little stockings on her legs, so cute. Never saw those before! Thanks for sharing, love you.

Megan Bisek said...

Her hair keeps getting better and better - love the bow! More videos, please!