Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cookie for You, Cookie for Me



The big fat BOO of the week goes to Andy being in Florida during the holidays. It's a week of work for him in Jacksonville. So I'm doing happy holiday things to enjoy/get thru the solitude. First on the list was hosting a small Christmas Cookie Exchange today. It ended up being just 4 lovely ladies and 5 kids but there was mucho cookies to go around. Yum!

So I've been ripping up the kitchen while watching White Christmas and whatever else pops up on the ole tube, or playing a Christmas music blitz that Andy would not handle well.

First, get your ingredients laid out.
Make sure your environment is fitting for the task.Then, lay out your assembly line.Finally, present the final product for the taking.Gingerbread and christmas (corn flake and marshmallow) wreaths. Later this week I'll play movies Andy won't watch and whip up my usual peanut brittle and peppermint bark. I simply won't manage eating all these goods by myself so I guess Nome will have to be the beneficiary. Yes, I suppose I should bring the excess sugary cheer on our Nome Xmas trip!

I'm happy to report Andy is blissfully watching Megamind in 3D right now so the FL trip does have its benefits. He's been very excited to see this one. I even got a Happy Meal at McD's a few weeks ago to give him a Megamind toy.

Now, if I could just import some of the snow off the Metrodome's roof onto my property and I'd be all set. Enjoy your holiday happenings!

*Amy

2 comments:

Judy said...

Your house looks beautiful with all the decorations, and, my goodness, the cookies you made look like they were done professionally! Very impressed, wish I could taste one of those gingerbread, absolutely, one of my fav's! Love you,

löki gale said...

Ha! I thought those first cookies where radishes!