But a month ago I had a really wonderful experience. My future Mother-in-Law and Andy's family hosted a lovely bridal shower for me...all the way in Wisconsin! I'm so fortunate to have loving relatives all around. It was a quick trip back to the Midwest but the shower allowed my Mom and I time together with our drive between MN-WI borders. Judy truly out-did herself. Sadly, I don't have pictures from the party because I left my camera elsewhere...with my new friend, Colin.
Last I saw Colin he was incognito at my bridal shower hosted by Mom...unborn, specifically. So in my whirlwind weekend I also got to meet Colin and Isabel--the next generation of Chubs/Chubbies! Sara wrote about it on her blog awhile back. Although a month ago, and much development later, here are new Mommas Sara and Kati holding each other's bundle of joy.
At the shower I met many Wisconsin relatives I heard all about before. Judy coordinated everything in our wedding colors, from ribbons to M&M's! One of the best treats were the sugar cookies from Bon Ton's Bakery of Jefferson, WI. I brought home extras for Andy to devour, and he did. That cookie did say "Andy & Amy." Ignore his dazed look...it was actually a moment of sugar bliss.
No comments:
Post a Comment