Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Beautiful Butte

Last Saturday we had blinding sunshine raining down on our winter-weary white bodies. So we researched a summer trail and busted out of the house in 20-degree weather. Our quest for activity in the sun took us to the Butte, an area of the Mat-Su that is the "butt" of a lot of jokes for its Valley trash reputation. For a few hours it was our playground and work out gym. Andy & I sweated, huffed & puffed, burned those lazy leg muscles and kept watch for moose (because we saw 3 that day). Well, maybe I did all the huffing and puffing; Andy's in a lot better shape!

This clip describes the hike but cuts off the cheesy couple shot--shoot!

The only person we encountered was riding a HORSE along the easy part of the trail! Here we were expecting antlered animals, but I guess hoofed critters would do too. Nice to have wide open space to ourselves, even in urban AK.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved this blog entry, especially the video clip. What beautiful country! Thanks!